Make room, matcha, coconut water and celery juice! You have been replaced by another trend - kombucha. And, unlike other foreign superfoods, many of us got to know this as a child. Remember the three-liter jars of liquid of not the most pleasant color, which all grandmother's windowsills were with? She, along with the mummy, replaced many drugs at once. The gray-brown "jellyfish" had to be "multiplied" by settling its layers into other vessels. A thick film, smelling of sour kvass, was given to relatives, neighbors and friends as a beloved pet. Sometimes it seemed that soon she would fill the whole world. In general, it happened so. They learned about the benefits of fermented liquid abroad. And then - the usual marketing story. Berries, vegetables, fruits and natural dyes were added to the sweet and sour carbonated drink.We launched advertising campaigns in Europe and the United States on how it quenches thirst and saturates the body with vitamins and amino acids. And they began to sell them in beautiful bottles in eco-shops under the Japanese name "kombucha".
In Russia, the return of the mushroom was initially skeptical. But this bastion also fell. More and more unusual products can be seen in the store and on social media. Are we really going to propagate the yeast substance with bacteria again at home? Or buy ready-made tea kvass? Or maybe its healing properties are greatly exaggerated? BeautyHack did not stand aside and found out all the details of the new invasion.
Where did he come from
The first to use the infusion of symbiosis of yeast fungus with bacteria began back in 220 BC in Asia. A drink that cleanses the body and fills it with strength and energy was mentioned in the Chinese chronicles of the Jin Dynasty. In our country, he first appeared in the Far East - he was brought by officers who participated in the Russian-Japanese war. And then he migrated to Moscow, St. Petersburg and to the south.
From there, it spread throughout Europe. For a while, it was almost forgotten, until about 10 years ago, American entrepreneurs resurrected the ancient drink. The correct positioning and popularity of organic products have made kombucha a hit. One of the producers of the fashionable liquid was even bought out by the world giant PepsiCo. True, the original taste is now almost not in demand, it accounts for only a third of the market. The remaining 70% is kvass with various flavors, with the addition of herbs, fruits and berries. They also make vegan leather from the body of the mushroom and sew clothes and accessories from it.
Kombucha captures all the space that is given to it: that is, if you put it in a pool, it will grow to an enormous size and can weigh 100 kg.
By the way, the common name kombucha is wrong. Manufacturers used the transcription from Japanese, although in the Land of the Rising Sun this word means a different drink - from dried kombu seaweed. And the tea or Manchu mushroom itself is called "ko: cha kinoko."
What is the strength, mushroom?
Both Japanese healers and American manufacturers are confident that the drink helps to restore intestinal microflora faster.
- vitamins of groups B and C,
- probiotics needed for nutrient absorption,
- polyphenols that act as antioxidants,
- amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein,
- gluconic acid, which fights infections,
- lactic acid, which is essential for digestion,
- malic acid, which triggers the detoxification process,
- acetic acid, which has antimicrobial properties and stabilizes sugar levels in the body.
Nutritionists believe that such kvass is useful for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, heartburn, and colds. Kombucha also neutralizes the unpleasant symptoms of a hangover, dulls appetite.
- Fans of organic products should know: no one has yet been able to prove 100% the benefits of the drink, only rats participated in the research, but experiments were not carried out on humans. The fact that the liquid contains useful substances is a fact. But there are no more of them than, for example, in smoothies, - explains diabetologist, endocrinologist Elena Orlova.… - But those who have gastritis, ulcers, gout, diabetes and high acidity of the stomach should be careful with kombucha. And before using it regularly, it is better to consult a doctor. The fact is that zooglea, as it is scientifically called "jellyfish", grows due to sugar. Neither honey, nor stevia, nor chemical sweeteners are to her liking. That is, you can add them, but at the same time there must be sufficient sugar as well. And, although as a result, there is little of it in the drink, like in apple cider vinegar, but it can affect the body in different ways. In addition, about 2% alcohol is present in the liqueur after fermentation. If there is an intolerance, it is also better not to experiment. In order not to harm the enamel and not cause caries, after use it is worth rinsing your mouth with water and after 30-40 minutes brush your teeth.But as a substitute for sweet soda in the heat, it's a great option! For greater benefit, you can add thyme, rosemary, mint, tarragon, blueberries, strawberries, apricots, oranges, ginger to the water. Depending on the taste, you can drink it with both desserts and salty crackers.
Where to get
You can buy a ready-made one in "Azbuka Vkusa", "VkusVilla", "Fresh" or any other eco-oriented store. The cost is 150-250 rubles.
Or order a kit for growing kombucha on the Internet - in such a box there is usually a three-liter jar with a tap, a live zooglea and instructions. Will cost 1000 rubles.
Popular by topic
The Most Popular Hardware Slimming Procedure: How Does Endosphere Therapy Work And Is It Worth The Money
What to eat to lose weight, what massage to sign up for, and how to choose the ideal volume reduction treatment? Endosphere Therapy is one of the most demanded newest hardware massage techniques in cosmetology. We learned from
Better Than In Childhood: A Guide To The School Fair CDM - A Sea Of memories And The Opportunity To Buy Everything In One Place
August is like Sunday evening: you still want to relax, but it's time to pack your backpack for school. It's no less hot on social networks than on the street - there is an active exchange of passwords and turnouts of places where school needs can be covered. But we n
It has long been said that in our time 40 years - these are the new 20, and 50 - new 30. And it is true. You don't have to go far for an example, you just need to revise the latest covers of top glossy magazines, the heroines of the cat
The sunglasses, like the bag, cannot be cheap, or at least bought at a sale from an unknown manufacturer. But, unlike a bag, it's not about fashion, it's about health. If the glasses do not protect against ultraviolet
Angelina Jolie Recently Gave An Unusually Many Interviews: 10 Main Thoughts From The Most Beautiful And Caring Woman On The Planet
Angelina Jolie, even during quarantine, tries to be useful. Almost every week in online conferences or interviews, she, as a philanthropist and UN Goodwill Ambassador, expresses her opinion on the topics of child abuse, home