Deodorant crystal; a stick that promises to get rid of sweat for seven days; a product reminiscent of baby powder … The BeautyHack team tested the most unusual treatments that can be found in Russia or ordered on iHerb. Read what happened!
Grace crystal deodorant
Tested by Olga Frolova:
- My permanent favorite for seven years, if not more. In general, all crystal deodorants are good, so you might not get attached to the brand. Moreover, they are easy to buy in Russia. You can also find similar deodorants on iHerb or in any Thai supermarket.
I got acquainted with crystals at the dawn of my passion for everything natural and read a lot of reviews about what a holy thing it is: it does not clog pores, and protects against bacteria, and is generally safe from all sides. I’ll make a reservation right away: I don’t think that we will all die from aluminum salts in deodorants, I just tried the "crystal" and really found many advantages in it.
Yes, it does not protect against moisture, only against odor, so if you sweat a lot or actively play sports, it may not be suitable for you. Crystals don't smell. That is, immediately after opening, some of them have a fragrance, but it disappears after several uses. For me, there is nothing better than the smell of a clean body, plus nothing interrupts my perfume. Crystals do not leave marks on black or white. I can use it immediately after shaving, the skin reacts normally. And the crystal is eternal! Well, almost … It can break, but I threw out one, because the stick at some point just fell off the base from the ingress of water, and it became uncomfortable to use it.
Price: about 300 rubles.
Lavilin Deodorant Cream
Tested by BeautyHack editor Julia Kozoliy:
- Let's be honest: classic deodorants in the form of sticks or sprays are many times more convenient, hygienic and practical. It is much more difficult to test creams, powders, and God knows what that protects against unpleasant odor and sweat. Nevertheless, there are enough such funds on eco-sites, and some of them are becoming bestsellers. This is exactly how, on a tip from a friend, Lavilin cream, which is bought by children, teenage sons and five pages of reviews on iHerb, ended up in my bathroom!
Outwardly, Lavilin resembles a very thick cream, even more like an ointment that should be squeezed out of a tube. But here in the kit there is a paddle that is actually convenient to use.
I applied the cream to my skin after a shower in the evening once every three days. The effect is indeed there: it is clear that it will not save those who lead an active lifestyle, go in for sports from sweat, but you will get rid of the unpleasant smell.
One pea is enough for one application, you need to distribute the cream thoroughly, and then wash your hands with soap, otherwise a greasy film will remain (there are many oils among the components). When applied, the product has a classic powder scent, but it evaporates quickly.
They say that the cream has a cumulative effect - after 3-4 months you will need to apply it only once a week. I've been testing Lavilin for a month, let's see what happens next. I already like the composition: there is no alcohol, aluminum and parabens in the composition, but there is talc, zinc oxide and starch.
Price: 1158 rub.
Dry dry classic
Tested by BeautyHack beauty director Vasilisa Kakorina:
- Dry Dry can be used not only in the armpits, but also on the palms of the hands and feet. The main difference from other deodorants is that it can be applied no more than twice a week.
The composition of the deodorant will not please everyone: denatured alcohol (butyl alcohol, denatonium) and aluminum chloride hydrate - 30.5%. And no scent of flowers combined with natural ingredients. Dry Dry is similar to regular water with a slight alcoholic smell. In addition, deciding to try it once, you must remember an important rule: Dry Dry should not be applied after depilation, otherwise you can get not only a burning sensation, but also painful irritation on the skin.
I would recommend this remedy when traveling, on vacation and on business trips. The sensations from the application are extremely unusual: you put on deodorant and forget about this part of your beauty routine for several days. You get used to that quickly, don't you agree?
Price: 865 rub.
Emerita Deodorant Powder
Tested by BeautyHack editor Julia Kozoliy:
- The product resembles baby powder and is extremely popular in the USA. Moreover, you may even have seen Emerita's catalog of funds in one of the episodes of Sex and the City. Since 1978, the brand has been producing products that are necessary for all girls without exception: from body creams to ecotampons.
The main feature of the deodorant is that it is suitable not only for armpits. "Powder" can be applied to the back, chest area, palms and all-all problem areas. This should be done after a shower. Since it is not very convenient to use the product in this format, I first poured it onto my hand, and then transferred it to the body. The scent does not last throughout the day, and the skin where the deodorant is applied is really dry. The pleasure is not for every day, but sometimes you can afford such care.
I also liked the ingredients: cornstarch and baking soda are the main ingredients. Talc and mineral oils are not among the components. All oils are eco-certified, and the product itself is not tested on animals and has recycled packaging.
Price: 733 rub.
DeoIce Mineral Deodorant
Tested by the editor-in-chief of BeautyHack Natalia Pikus:
- I myself, probably, would never have dared to make such a purchase - a mineral that promises to replace a deodorant did not inspire confidence. But my mother really liked it. She used it for several months, was very happy and gave it to me as a safe alternative to fake sticks.
What is the principle of its action? Mineral - alum stone - disinfecting. You need to moisten it with water and run it over the skin of the armpits. As a result, a microscopic film forms, under which bacteria die. In this case, the sweat glands are not clogged. In addition to the mineral itself, there is nothing in the composition.
The first test was not the best. I simply did not notice the effect. Later, by experience, I found out that it is necessary to follow two important rules: apply it immediately (right now) after a shower and in a thick layer. Then the effect of it will last for five hours.
Yes, yes, and this is the absolute maximum that I, an eternally running person somewhere, reached only once.
Ideally, it works like this: you use it after a shower, after a few hours you refresh the skin in your armpits (be sure, otherwise the smell of sweat will just stick to the end of the day!) And apply it again. Well, the third time is the same scheme if you have a long working day. But I can say for sure: it will definitely not pass the test of the summer Moscow metro.
Nevertheless, my mother still uses it, completely replacing other deodorants with the mineral. There are really pluses in it: it is not harmful, dries quickly, does not leave marks either under the arms or on clothes.
But a significant disadvantage that crosses everything out is that you cannot rely on him.
Price: 504 rub.