Sometimes it seems that a modern woman needs to do too much. Be a pro at work, engage in self-development, devote time to loved ones. In the daily flow of things, it can be difficult to find time for trivial cleaning. To prevent home comfort from turning into chaos, you can resort to using a systematic approach. One of them is the FlyLady method. How to spend just 15 minutes cleaning your house? Our expert reports.
Freken Bock brand expert
The FlyLady technique was invented by American Marla Scilly in 1999. The main meaning of the method was laid in the phrase Finally Loving Yourself and concerned not only cleaning, but also the lifestyle in general. Marla gives many tips on how to spend more time on yourself every day, from drinking enough water to cleaning up to 15 minutes a day.
Divide the house into zones
So that the large space does not frighten the volume of work, Marla suggests dividing the house into key zones. For Russian living space, these can be: kitchen, bedroom, living room, nursery, bathroom and corridor. For each zone, one week is allocated and only 15 minutes a day - this is the main rule. To help yourself, you can make a 7-day to-do list in advance. For example, cleaning the floor on Monday, dismantling the closet on Tuesday, and so on. Thanks to the rule of small steps, by the end of the week, your chosen area will be perfectly clean.
Rule of rituals
The FlyLady Method encourages small morning and evening routines to be observed every day. They can relate to both self-care and house cleaning. For example, 5 minutes in the evening should definitely be spent on keeping the kitchen sink clean. It is enough to regularly wipe the sink with a napkin, for example, made of 100% natural cellulose. These wipes harden when dry, which prevents the development of germs and unpleasant odors.
Get rid of excess
It would seem a banal thesis, but in everyday life we often forget about it. To prevent the apartment from drowning in a lot of rubbish, Marla Scilly offers the method "Boogie in 27 shots." Set a timer for 15 minutes and go around the apartment at a fast pace, collecting 27 unnecessary things in a bag. Regularly practicing this approach, after a couple of months, you will leave only the essentials in your home.
An hour per week for the general order
If 15 minutes a day isn't enough for you, save an hour a week for simple general cleaning of the apartment. Due to the daily "small steps" the house will already be tidied up, so you can do a lot in an hour. And express cleaning wipes will help speed up the process even more. It is better that they are universal: they are suitable for both dry and wet cleaning, for any detergents and do not leave lint and streaks.
- Spend no more than 15 minutes a day cleaning. Be sure to use a timer to control yourself.
- Identify hot spots. These are the places in the apartment where there is most of the mess. For example, a table in the hallway or a chair in the bedroom by the bed. Pay the most attention to controlling these areas.
- Throw away the excess regularly. Make it a rule: if you bought a new thing, you need to throw out one similar thing.
- Keep an audit trail. Write down your plan for daily activities and area cleaning. So you will definitely see progress.
- Take time to “recharge the batteries”. FlyLady's philosophy first of all calls to love yourself: dress beautifully even at home, do something pleasant every day and leave the weekend for your favorite things, not general cleaning.