Tina Kandelaki is a vivid confirmation of the fact that strict discipline, will and attention to your body help freeze time. In her last interview with BeautyHack.ru, the TV presenter, producer and founder of the Ansaligy cosmetic brand told what she should do to keep her perfect shape. But the figure is far from the only thing a woman should take care of. Tina Kandelaki, for example, regularly visits the dentist. Dental health is an obvious story. But there is something about our smile that can also give away age - this is the gum line.
TV presenter, general producer of the Match TV channel, founder of the Ansaligy brand
- I do not hide and always tell what exactly I did to myself. I think it is necessary to share this experience so that women understand at what cost what is given. I had an operation to straighten the gums. Everyone understands that teeth wear out, the gum rises with age from the fact that we simply brush our teeth incorrectly. This is unaesthetic, and in general, if you do not align the gum line, it can lead to all sorts of diseases in age. And, for example, people often think that it is necessary to check all internal organs, and teeth on a residual basis. But any hygiene and constant checks related to the oral cavity is a must-have, there is nothing to discuss here. And I, for example, even realizing that I was given a lot (I have my own dental clinic, I can afford to do the procedures regularly), I still don’t stop. I understand,that I should improve and improve.
Tina said that for several days after the operation, she could not eat, but even talk. And you can imagine how difficult it is to limit Kandelaki in this art! Therefore, at BeautyHack we decided to find out everything about this procedure and understand whether the beauty of such sacrifices is worth it.
- To begin with, I must say that the gum itself does not drop. The gum is a thin layer of soft tissue covered with a mucous membrane, and this tissue covers the bone tissue of the upper and lower jaws relatively evenly,”explained Ilya Antonov, chief physician of the Dentalkit dental clinic. - The thickness of the gums does not change with age, but the thickness and density of bone tissue - yes.
According to Ilya Gennadievich, modern science considers the start of human aging to be the moment when the body stops assimilating calcium, approximately 25-27 years. Over time, the body compensates for the lack of calcium, taking it from where it can. It is easiest for him to do this from bones, including the bone tissue of the jaw. Its thickness decreases, and, therefore, the gum leaves behind the bone, revealing the root of the tooth.
- Normally, this happens slowly, and in the bulk of patients, correction of the gum level is not required. But there is a periodontal disease, due to which the bone tissue decreases faster and, as a result, the integrity of the ligamentous apparatus of the tooth is disrupted. There are various negative manifestations of this disease, one of which is an ugly smile of too open root parts of the tooth. This defect can only be corrected by operative methods.
Plastic surgery of the gum recession (as this process is called correctly) is done under local anesthesia for about three hours. The process is painless, but the healing period is unpleasant. Provided that there is no need to restore the lost volume of bone tissue (this simply complicates the operation by one stage), the alignment of the gums is done by one of two methods.
- The tunnel method is effective and least traumatic of all existing ones. A tunnel is formed under the gum tissue with a scalpel, into which the cut gum flap is inserted from the palate. This way we can preserve the remaining soft tissues of the gums, - says Vyacheslav Minko, dentist-surgeon, orthopedist, chief physician of DR Minko Dental Clinic about the course of operations . - The second method is the closure of the recession by the technique of the coronary-displaced flap. Two parallel vertical incisions are made, the damaged area is removed, and the flap is displaced coronally. A gingival graft taken from the palate is placed under it, after which the area is fixed with sutures.
It sounds simple, but in fact, such an operation is full of nuances. For example, the tissue taken from the palate for transplantation does not always match the color of the gum. Plus, the gums are not the same: on the cheeks it is of one type, and in the upper and lower parts of the other. But even if everything went perfectly, the transplanted pieces of tissue were perfectly engrafted, the main question remains: how long will this effect last?
- Yes, globally, such an operation does not solve the problem of bone loss. It is a well-placed patch that helps restore aesthetics. But time will pass after which the problem will repeat itself, and it will be necessary to solve it again, - says Ilya Gennadievich. - According to statistics, a positive result after surgery lasts 2–5 years. Here, as in everything, prevention is important: if you go through an annual examination with a dentist, he will be able to identify the problem in the early stages and prevent the moment when an operation is needed.