How to find the cause of hair loss and what to do about it, says dermatologist and trichologist Victoria Filimonova.
Victoria Filimonova (@dr__viki)
Dermatologist, cosmetologist, trichologist, laser therapist
How to grow hair? Usually hairdressers and stylists answer this question simply - do not cut your hair or remove a few millimeters "for the growing moon." I will tell you the position of a dermatologist.
It happens that hair grows poorly, very often it also falls out. What to do? First of all, you need to find out the cause, then eliminate it and, in parallel, stimulate the growth of new hair.
There are many reasons for hair loss, I will list the main ones:
- Hypersensitivity of hair to androgens - male hormones. An excess of DHT acts on the receptors in the hair follicles and inhibits hair growth. In medicine, this is called "androgenic alopecia" - male pattern baldness. Even if it seems that there are a lot of hairs on the head, they are still thin and the scalp shows through. If complex therapy is started on time, a good treatment result can be achieved. What kind of hair you keep is up to you!
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, lack of nutrients, vitamins and amino acids as a result of malnutrition and strict diets. What to do? You need to heal your gut, start eating right, restore nutrient deficiencies and stop dieting.
- Iron deficiency is a very common cause of hair loss. You need to understand why there is little iron, and normalize its level.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. Any changes in thyroid hormones can lead to hair loss, dull hair color and slow growth. Also, one of the signs of pathology is eyebrow thinning. Treatment takes place with an endocrinologist, thyroid hormones are normalized.
- Stress. After severe stress, hair may fall out within three months, but usually recover on its own during the same period. If hair is constantly falling out, chronic stress may be the cause - a diagnosis of many residents of the metropolis. It is difficult to diagnose, because the analyzes show nothing, and collecting anamnesis, you do not find a "trigger signal". There is only one treatment - elimination of stress.
- Seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff, which is often caused by hormonal imbalances and poor diet. Remember not to stimulate hair growth until the inflammation problem has been resolved. It is necessary to establish hormonal levels, regime and diet. Topically, in this case, you can use Clauderer scalp milk and / or Extra Mix lotion, Satura. And take a set of measures from a dermatologist to relieve inflammation - do microcurrents, autoplasma injections, ozone therapy.
When the reasons are clear and you are already taking a set of measures, seborrheic dermatitis is eliminated or is under control, start drinking vitamin complexes and actively restore hair growth. What can help you?
Scalp massage and massage combs
They improve blood circulation and blood flow to the bulbs, as a result more nutrients are supplied to them.
Hair growth enhancers
They usually contain vitamin complexes and plant extracts. Rub these products into your scalp - this is the only way they will work.
Vitamin and amino acid complexes together with injections stimulate the hair follicles.
Improves hair growth due to platelet growth factors.
Can be used at home 1–2 times a week for 5–10 minutes.
Laser combs with infrared light spectrum
They warm the bulbs deeply, allow the funds to penetrate deeper into the scalp and cause accelerated hair growth.
Beauty hacker of the week: Victoria Filimonova - myths and truth about problem skin
Beauty hacker of the week: Victoria Filimonova - how to choose sun protection
Interview and text: Olga Kulygina