Coach Julia Pogotskaya explained why the sides appear even in thin women and how to get rid of them with a minimum of effort.
Fact number 1: Fat deposits on the sides - a consequence of anatomical features
The fat cells on the back have receptors that store, not burn. That is why, in the first place, these areas suffer from the excess amount of calories and non-compliance with CBJU.
Fact # 2: Boca is a "buffer zone"
"Buffer" or problem areas in women - the abdomen, chest, shoulders, neck and hips. In men and women, deposits in these zones are formed in different ways: the former are characterized by flanks - "rolls" of adipose tissue, making the figure heavier from the lumbar side. In women, fat deposits are concentrated in the iliac region, manifesting in the form of hanging folds.
Fact # 3: Even thin people can get hips
There is such a thing as "fat traps" - places in which, even with weight loss, a layer remains. Boca is one such area. There are about sixteen types of "fat traps".
The main reasons for their formation are: an inactive lifestyle, unhealthy diet - an excess of calories and non-observance of the balance of KBZhU, a slowdown in metabolism, hormonal disorders, excessive alcohol consumption, and water imbalance.
Usually "fat traps" are the last to surrender - when the weight approaches a critical level that threatens health. Unfortunately, sometimes physical activity and a balanced nutrition system are not enough to get rid of them - cryolipolysis, massage, wraps, hardware methods of influence may be needed.
Fact number 4: Hormonal disorders are one of the reasons for the formation of sides
The fat cells on the back are sensitive to adrenaline and cortisol. Under stress, the process of lipolysis (splitting) slows down in them - it becomes very difficult to remove deposits! We wrote about 10 myths about hormones here.
Fact # 5: The lumbar region is the first to respond to an excess of carbohydrates in the diet
The areas of the lower back and sides are sensitive to carbohydrates - a dense fat layer quickly forms there. Not only does it not look aesthetically pleasing. Excess adipose tissue can lead to increased fatigue, excessive stress on the spine and joints.
Fact # 6: One of the reasons for the appearance of sides can be heredity
The balance between energy expenditure and processing is maintained with the help of the hypothalamus, the ergodic department of which is responsible for production, trophic for "construction" and accumulation. One of these departments can work faster - this is genetically laid down. The better the trophic function, the better the accumulation of fatty deposits. People have to regularly monitor their diet and exercise. I would like to draw your attention: a sharp decrease in daily calorie intake activates the trophic department - the body switches to "emergency" mode and stores everything that enters it. This is why many diets are ineffective for weight loss.
Fact # 7: Excess fat on the sides is a "female" type of obesity
Even if you are not overweight, but have a characteristic tummy and sides, this is obesity. It can be "simple" - fatty tissue is distributed evenly on the abdomen, thighs, sides, shoulders, chest; "Gynoid" (female type) - an accumulation of fatty deposits in the lower abdomen, on the thighs, buttocks or sides.
Fact # 8: Estrogen interferes with flank removal
Estrogen is a female sex hormone, the highest concentration of which is observed during pregnancy. It stimulates the growth and division of fat cells. The appearance of sides and fat deposits in the abdomen and thighs may indicate an increase in estrogen levels - get tested for hormones!
Fact number 8: "Fatigue" of the adrenal glands - the cause of the formation of the sides
During stress, the adrenal glands work at an increased rate, producing hormones. They rest only during sleep.
And if you don't get enough sleep on a regular basis, "get to know" your sides very quickly. Normalize your daily routine - this is important.
To maintain normal adrenal function, include in the diet foods rich in vitamin B - beef, fish, peanuts, hard cheese, brown rice, cottage cheese. We wrote more about vitamins for beauty here.
Fact # 9: Fats are important when fighting flanks
Fat deposits are deep (visceral fat) and superficial. The former are almost invisible externally, but their excess in the body can be hazardous to health - this is one of the reasons for the development of diabetes mellitus and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Superficial fat deposits quickly become visually noticeable extra centimeters and ugly folds. But this does not mean that if you remove fats from the diet, the figure will return to shape. The minimum daily intake of lipids is 20 g. Proper nutrition is, first of all, the absence in the diet of trans fats contained in smoked and fried foods, maintaining the balance of KBZhU.
Fact # 10: It's impossible to lose weight in just one area
Fat deposits leave evenly - it is impossible to reduce the waist without reducing the volume of the hips. As a rule, the face and chest are always the first to lose weight, only then the fat leaves in other parts of the body. The body decides for itself where to start.
Observing the basic principles of proper nutrition and with regular physical activity, you can prevent the appearance of excess body fat - the problem is always easier to prevent than to deal with it later.
- In no case do not sharply reduce the calorie content of the diet - this will not solve the problem of fat deposits in problem areas, but will only aggravate the situation by slowing down the metabolism.
- Install an application on your phone for counting calories and balancing KBZhU - when losing weight, the daily calorie deficit should be about 15%.
- Follow your drinking regimen. Try to drink a glass of water before meals.
- Eat small meals every 2.5-3 hours. The golden rule of losing weight is that you shouldn't be hungry to avoid food breakdowns. You should have at least 4 meals a day.
- Add more fiber-rich foods to your diet: vegetables, fruits, bran. It not only supplies the body with valuable minerals, micro- and macroelements, but also promotes long-term saturation and normalization of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The menu should contain healthy fats - Omega-3 and Omega-6, which are rich in salmon, avocados, nuts, and unrefined vegetable oils.
- Avoid processed foods and focus on the "slow" carbohydrates found in whole grains.
- Make it a rule to visit baths, saunas and self-massage. Getting rid of fat deposits in problem areas is a complex process.
- Run while monitoring your pulse! The fat burning process starts when it reaches 60-70% of the maximum zone.
- Practice interval running, alternating between high and low speeds.
- High-intensity training is considered one of the best ways to burn fat.
- It is important to allow the body to recover between workouts - proper sleep and a break are required!
Interview and text: Natalia Kapitsa