Incredible, but true: the "beauty" and "runaway bride" turned 51! Julia is an adherent of natural beauty. She has never turned to plastic surgeons and says that she loves each of her wrinkles. The actress was included in the list of the most beautiful people on the planet 12 times. It seems that this is not the limit. For the birthday of the star, BeautyHack has collected the most interesting facts about her.
1. Julia dreamed of becoming a veterinarian. But after school I went to study journalism. The future Oscar winner never graduated from the university. This did not stop her from becoming one of the highest paid actresses of our time.
2. Roberts' real name is Julie. She was forced to slightly modify it by joining the Screen Actors Guild. The reason is simple: at that time there was already a lady named Julie Roberts in it.
3. Julia played her first role in 1986. In the painting "Red as Blood" she got a two-word line. Her brother Eric became the partner on the site of the future star. By the way, Julia's parents are non-professional actors.
4. Roberts could not get rid of the habit of biting her nails for a long time. Spoiler alert: They weren't hands. In her "addiction", the actress admitted in an interview. One can only guess where this flexibility comes from.
5. Julia Roberts is left-handed. She became ambidextrous for her role in Erin Brockovich. The picture is based on a true story, and its main character was right-handed. I had to master a difficult "letter".
6. Julia is a Hindu. Perhaps that is why she prefers to walk barefoot - she can be seen without shoes, even on the red carpet.
7. During the filming of the movie "Pretty Woman", which made Julia a world celebrity, she had a hard time. For example, to make Vivian laugh sincerely, director Harry Marshall tickled the actress's heels. For the price of the actress's beauty, see here.
8. In 2003, Julia was recognized as the highest paid actress of our time. She was paid $ 25 million for her role in Mona Lisa Smile.
9. Julia is a runaway bride not only in movies. She did such tricks in real life. Roberts refused to go down the aisle with Kiefer Sutherland three days before the ceremony.
10. During a certain period of her life, Julia easily got into romances. On the lucky list: Matthew Perry, Daniel Day-Lewis and Benjamin Brett.
11. According to People magazine, Julia became the most beautiful woman on the planet 12 times. The thirteenth is just around the corner!
12. Julia Roberts loves to knit. Who knows, perhaps the thick wool cardigans in which the actress walks the streets are her creation, not the work of famous designers.
13. While applying stage makeup, Julia prefers to lie down. The actress is convinced that this makes it easier for makeup artists to work, and the result is better.
14. Julia is actively involved in charity work. She once donated a gigantic amount to develop a cure for a rare genetic disease, Rett syndrome.
15. There were also failures in Julia's career - not without it. Twelve years ago, Roberts played in the play "Three Days of Rain", which was crushed by critics to smithereens.
16. Julia is not dieting and cannot imagine her life without cookies and pasta. The secret to her great figure is regular training. Of physical activities, she prefers yoga and Pilates.
17. Julia is not afraid of age at all. She told reporters: "If I knew how wonderful life after forty is, I would have celebrated this date twenty years earlier."
18. Julia's main beauty hack is happiness, love and a little eye cream.
19. Roberts is an adherent of natural beauty. She does not recognize botox and aesthetic surgery.
20. Julia's diet is based on oats, fatty fish, avocados, natural yogurt, Brussels sprouts and pasta.